non-fatal file not found error compiling 1.8.0-preview7

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by dblack@superlink.net, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Hi --

    I'm getting a non-fatal error message when compiling preview7. With
    two lines of preceding context, it's:

    compiling openssl
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dblack/ruby/ruby-1.8.0/ext/openssl'
    GNUmakefile:21: dep: No such file or directory

    I haven't sorted out exactly how to fix it, but I thought I should
    mention it now in case 1.8.0 is about to come out so that someone who
    knows the setup better than I do could iron it out.

    David

    --
    David Alan Black
    home:

    At Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:39:42 +0900,
    wrote:
    > I'm getting a non-fatal error message when compiling preview7. With
    > two lines of preceding context, it's:
    >
    > compiling openssl
    > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dblack/ruby/ruby-1.8.0/ext/openssl'
    > GNUmakefile:21: dep: No such file or directory

    "dep" file will be created automatically after that warning.
    Just ignore.

    --
    Nobu Nakada
    , Aug 4, 2003