non-form based databse application

sreenivasan alakappan

Hello,
I want to create a database applciation in C++. I am using VC++
6.0 as the deevelopment environment. When I ever i createa project, it
only allows me to create a form based normal application or a databse
application. But I dont want that.

My aim, is read some input file, extract certain valeus and write
into the database. I want to connect to access or some database, there
is no particular need in this.ALl i will need in this will be to
create a connection to a database, execute a insert statement and
query that back.

Any help in this will be very much useful.

Thanks,
Sreeni.

Kevin Goodsell

sreenivasan said:
Hello,
I want to create a database applciation in C++. I am using VC++
6.0 as the deevelopment environment. When I ever i createa project, it
only allows me to create a form based normal application or a databse
application. But I dont want that.

My aim, is read some input file, extract certain valeus and write
into the database. I want to connect to access or some database, there
is no particular need in this.ALl i will need in this will be to
create a connection to a database, execute a insert statement and
query that back.

Any help in this will be very much useful.

Thanks,
Sreeni.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

-Kevin

sreenivasan alakappan

Hi,
I think I have not gone out of the scope of this forum. I am using
C++ and I have a question in that. To explain this, I have said my
edvelopment environment also, which is VC++. Does this mean that I am
not specific to what I am asking? I don't understand.

Thanks,
Sreeni.

Kevin Goodsell

sreenivasan said:
Hi,
I think I have not gone out of the scope of this forum. I am using
C++ and I have a question in that. To explain this, I have said my
edvelopment environment also, which is VC++. Does this mean that I am
not specific to what I am asking? I don't understand.

Standard C++ has nothing to say about making VC++ work the way you want
it to, or about connecting to databases. I can't find anything in your
post that relates to standard C++, the (only) topic here.

-Kevin

Julie

sreenivasan said:
Hi,
I think I have not gone out of the scope of this forum. I am using
C++ and I have a question in that. To explain this, I have said my
edvelopment environment also, which is VC++. Does this mean that I am
not specific to what I am asking? I don't understand.

Thanks,
Sreeni.

Pretty much all of what you are after is out of scope.

This newsgroup discusses the C++ language, not particular implementations or
specific system details.

You need to address your question to a Microsoft newsgroup -- there are
numerous that deal specifically w/ the questions that you have regarding
databases, access, connection strings, VC or any other specific development
environment, etc.

A very quick way to see if your question is on or off topic is to browse to a
site that details the C++ standard and search for your topic. If it returns
results, then your post is probably on-topic, if no results, then probably off
topic.

For example, if you were to search for "Access Database", you would get no
results, and therefore would be considered off topic. However, if you searched
for something like "vector", you would get results, and the presumption would
then be that your question would be appropriate.

Good luck.

red floyd

(e-mail address removed) (sreenivasan alakappan) wrote in message [redacted]

You *are* out of scope for this forum. Standard C++ has no concept of
what a "form" is. You might want to try a VC specific newsgroup,

comp.windows.ms.programmer

or the

microsoft.public.vc hierarchy (available on news.microsoft.com)

Christopher Benson-Manica

sreenivasan alakappan said:
I think I have not gone out of the scope of this forum. I am using
C++ and I have a question in that. To explain this, I have said my
edvelopment environment also, which is VC++. Does this mean that I am
not specific to what I am asking? I don't understand.

Did you READ the welcome message Kevin posted a link to?