Non friendly error messages

Stuart Palmer

I have a little gripe with my ASP pages, for some reason I am not getting
error messages I would expect and don't know if it's an ASP thing, browser
thing or IIS problem.

I use option explicit to ensure I define every variable.
When I have forgotten to define one the error page just dislays the 500.100
error screen.
I have ensured that in my IE 6 that 'show friendly http error messages' is
unchecked but have the problem still.

I would have expected it to display some output and then state the error
later in the page.

How can I achieve this as I am totally stumped now. :eek:/

Thx
Stu

Bã§TãRÐ

Another user is having this same problem in the forum. The advice so far to date is to turn everything off (meaning all error checking items) and start from the beginning. Look at the event log clear
it out - run some code and see if anything is being posted in there. Let us know.

- Bastard