non-java files with Java Web Start?

Frank D. Greco

Can JWS handle updating non-java files as well as java?
Part of a java program that I want to deploy has some .dll's
for a browser component that I am using.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Frank G.

Roedy Green

Can JWS handle updating non-java files as well as java?
Part of a java program that I want to deploy has some .dll's
for a browser component that I am using.

You can put the dlls in a jar, and use the nativelib tag in the JNLP
file to get the contents put on the library path.

Frank D. Greco

Roedy Green said:
See http://www.vamphq.com/os.html
For a list of the possible os and arch parameters you can specify.

You can specify different jars for different platforms.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html for sample uses.

Thanks Roedy!

Frank G.

| Crossroads Technologies Inc. |