Non .net c++ to c# xmlrpc

Discussion in 'C++' started by tmugavero@gmail.com, Mar 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello All,

    I have a question that has been giving me a bit of trouble. Has
    anyone been able to connect to C# from non .net C++ via XmlRpc? I
    have been using the CookComputing XmlRpc Library with .Net remoting
    and had success connecting from Java. I need to connect from C++
    however, and haven't had any luck there. Here is what I did for c# to
    java...

    C# setup
    RemotingConfiguration.Configure("C:\\Main.config");
    RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownServiceType(
    typeof(XmlRpcSvc), "/", WellKnownObjectMode.Singleton);
    Hello function implemented as well...

    Also tried this c# setup:
    ListDictionary prop = new ListDictionary();
    prop.Add("port", 9000);
    channel = new HttpChannel(prop, new
    XmlRpcClientFormatterSinkProvider(null, null),
    new XmlRpcServerFormatterSinkProvider(null, null));
    ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(channel);
    RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownServiceType(typeof(XmlRpcSvc),
    "/", WellKnownObjectMode.Singleton);
    Hello function implemented as well...

    Both worked with this Java setup:
    private final static String server_url = "http://localhost:9000";
    XmlRpcClient server = new XmlRpcClient(server_url);
    params.addElement("test");
    String result = (String) server.execute("XmlRpcSvc.Hello", params);

    This call from java yields "Hello test"

    I can't get it to connect from C++ using the same xmlrpc I use to
    connect with java from c++. Has anyone dealt with this issue, or have
    any suggestions for what I can do? Any help would be greatly
    appreciated!

    , Mar 8, 2007

  2. mlimber Guest

    On Mar 8, 1:39 pm, wrote:
    > I have a question that has been giving me a bit of trouble. Has
    > anyone been able to connect to C# from non .net C++ via XmlRpc? I
    > have been using the CookComputing XmlRpc Library with .Net remoting
    > and had success connecting from Java. I need to connect from C++
    > however, and haven't had any luck there. Here is what I did for c# to
    > java...

    [snip]

    You'll probably want to try a Microsoft-specific newsgroup since this
    groups is concerned with the standard C++ language itself, not
    arbitrary applications written in or problems to be solved with it.
    See this FAQ for what is on-topic here and for a partial list of other
    places you might try:

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Mar 8, 2007