Non .net c++ to c# xmlrpc

tmugavero

Hello All,

I have a question that has been giving me a bit of trouble. Has
anyone been able to connect to C# from non .net C++ via XmlRpc? I
have been using the CookComputing XmlRpc Library with .Net remoting
and had success connecting from Java. I need to connect from C++
however, and haven't had any luck there. Here is what I did for c# to
java...

C# setup
RemotingConfiguration.Configure("C:\\Main.config");
RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownServiceType(
typeof(XmlRpcSvc), "/", WellKnownObjectMode.Singleton);
Hello function implemented as well...

Also tried this c# setup:
ListDictionary prop = new ListDictionary();
prop.Add("port", 9000);
channel = new HttpChannel(prop, new
XmlRpcClientFormatterSinkProvider(null, null),
new XmlRpcServerFormatterSinkProvider(null, null));
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(channel);
RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownServiceType(typeof(XmlRpcSvc),
"/", WellKnownObjectMode.Singleton);
Hello function implemented as well...

Both worked with this Java setup:
private final static String server_url = "http://localhost:9000";
XmlRpcClient server = new XmlRpcClient(server_url);
params.addElement("test");
String result = (String) server.execute("XmlRpcSvc.Hello", params);

This call from java yields "Hello test"

I can't get it to connect from C++ using the same xmlrpc I use to
connect with java from c++. Has anyone dealt with this issue, or have
any suggestions for what I can do? Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

mlimber

I have a question that has been giving me a bit of trouble. Has
anyone been able to connect to C# from non .net C++ via XmlRpc? I
have been using the CookComputing XmlRpc Library with .Net remoting
and had success connecting from Java. I need to connect from C++
however, and haven't had any luck there. Here is what I did for c# to
java...
[snip]

You'll probably want to try a Microsoft-specific newsgroup since this
groups is concerned with the standard C++ language itself, not
arbitrary applications written in or problems to be solved with it.
See this FAQ for what is on-topic here and for a partial list of other
places you might try:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M