Non-noise words are incorrectly recognised as noise words.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter Strøiman, Aug 23, 2005.

  1. Hi.

    I have an Sql server 2005 beta2 problem with the full-text index
    functionality.

    I have a table with a full text index. In the definition of the full-text
    index, I have specified the neutral language. The problem domain specifies
    that texts can be in arbitrary languages.

    create fulltext index on mytable
    (
    myfield language 0x0
    )

    Then I insert a record containing the word "and" (which in Danish means
    duck). When searching for that record

    select * from mytable where contains(myfield, 'and')

    nothing is returned, and I get the message,"Informational: The full-text
    search condition contained noise word(s)."

    Apperantly, it uses the noise-word list for english, when I insert records
    and search on that field.
    I thought that when I specify the language as 0x0, the full-text index
    should be language neutral and that would mean that it doesn't filter out
    noise words(because those are language specific). Am I mistaken, or is it an
    Sql Server 2005 beta2 bug?

    Thanks in advance,
    Peter Strøiman
    Peter Strøiman, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Sorry. This was supposed to go to the Sql server group.

    Peter Strøiman, Aug 23, 2005