(non-python) upgrading a MySQL database

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dikkie Dik, Jan 10, 2010.

  1. Dikkie Dik

    Dikkie Dik Guest

    >> ... And I am interested in cleaning this up. I should probably
    >> start with the matter of databases, since that's something I won't be able
    >> to easily change once clients actually start entering data. Please share
    >> with me any further concepts or questions to get me thinking how to redesign
    >> the databases.

    I maintain my (MySQL) databases in an agile fashion. That means I start
    small, and let my databases evolve along with my applications. So the
    schema changes a lot during development. I take into account that the
    databases already contain data and that it must be preserved and
    migrated. I wrote a howto on my upgrading method and it can be found here:

    http://www.howtoforge.org/node/4833

    Hope this is of any help.

    Good luck,
    Dikkie