    for me....

    Thanks in advance for any help/tips,

    Chris

    Christopher A. Brooks, Oct 7, 2003

  2. You can send a SOAP message by any transport mechanism that can move a
    Unicode character stream. Sockets, MOM, email, whatever. If you want to use
    HTTP you might as well use a servlet.

    Bill

    "Christopher A. Brooks" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to have a client listening for incoming SOAP messages

    without
    > being contain in a servlet container (Note: I do not want to have to make

    > call to receive messages, I would like to set my Java client up similar to
    > .net's remoting features)? I can't seem to find a library that will do

    this

    William Brogden, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Hi,

    do you know a soap api where you have access to the soap string? I have
    found no api (e.g apache axis, java-rmi, ...) where the http-mechanism can
    be easily replaced by a different transport layer.

    Thanks in advance for any help

    Robert

    news.tiscali.at, Oct 9, 2003
  4. "news.tiscali.at" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > do you know a soap api where you have access to the soap string? I have
    > found no api (e.g apache axis, java-rmi, ...) where the http-mechanism can
    > be easily replaced by a different transport layer.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help
    >
    > Robert

    In my SOAP Programming with Java book I show examples that
    make use of the Apache SOAP classes. You have to really dig into
    the source code to find the usable classes, but they are in there.

    Bill

    William Brogden, Oct 10, 2003