nonblock extension for win32?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Bill Kelly, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. Bill Kelly

    Bill Kelly Guest

    Howdy,

    I recall reading that an extension was available for
    win32 to provide nonblocking IO support. I've searched
    RAA but nothing turned up that sounded quite like what
    I thought I remembered reading about.

    Is there such a beast? Does it work with pipes?

    One of my applications has an unusable feature on windows
    at present, because I need a nonblocking way to read from
    a pipe returned from popen(). Is there any nonblocking
    way to accomplish this in win32 ruby?

    Thanks for any help,

    Regards,

    Bill