    Pls help. how can i have a text box control with non html support. i
    mean. i have a textbox which shud not allow. web links entries.. like
    www.aaa.com etc etc

    Ahmd, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Ahmd

    Evertjan. Guest

    Ahmd wrote on 05 jul 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Pls help. how can i have a text box control with non html support. i
    > mean. i have a textbox which shud not allow. web links entries.. like
    > www.aaa.com etc etc

    You could write a clientside javascript code,
    wich is off topic on this classic-ASP-only NG.

    You could ask in an asp.net NG, like
    <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>
    if your Q is about asp.net

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jul 5, 2007

  3. Ahmd

    Ahmd Guest

    On Jul 5, 12:32 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > Ahmd wrote on 05 jul 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    > > Pls help. how can i have a text box control with non html support. i
    > > mean. i have a textbox which shud not allow. web links entries.. like
    > >www.aaa.cometc etc

    > You could write a clientside javascript code,
    > wich is off topic on this classic-ASP-only NG.
    >
    > You could ask in an asp.net NG, like
    > <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>
    > if your Q is about asp.net
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    I use asp page which has text box that shud be restricted to be text
    only.. which group i shud post this ?

    Ahmd, Jul 5, 2007
  4. Ahmd

    Evertjan. Guest

    Ahmd wrote on 05 jul 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > On Jul 5, 12:32 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    >> Ahmd wrote on 05 jul 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >>
    >> > Pls help. how can i have a text box control with non html support. i
    >> > mean. i have a textbox which shud not allow. web links entries.. like
    >> >www.aaa.cometc etc

    >> You could write a clientside javascript code,
    >> wich is off topic on this classic-ASP-only NG.
    >>
    >> You could ask in an asp.net NG, like
    >> <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>
    >> if your Q is about asp.net

    [please do not quote signatures]

    > I use asp page which has text box that shud be restricted to be text
    > only.. which group i shud post this ?

    No, there are no Aasp pages, you have an asp file that renders a html
    stream to the browser.

    Since you want to do something on the browser it is not asp related.

    If you want to do it in clientside javascript,
    I would suggest: comp.lang.javascript

    Even so, NGs are not free helpdesks.
    Why not first do some study about clientside scripting?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jul 5, 2007