    requests.

    If someone knows either of those are wrong or a good source
    information regarding those assumptions I'd really appreciate it.

    evil tabby cat, Mar 19, 2007

  2. evil tabby cat

    Scott M. Guest

    > 1 - They are only instantiated when required & then a different
    > instance for each request.

    Yes, they are classes (just as ASP.NET web pages are) and so they are
    instantiated upon request (each request).

    > 2 - If someone making a request causes an unhandled exception then
    > their instance will die but it won't effect anyone else making
    > requests.

    Well, the instance doesn't "die", as you put it. Instances stay in memory
    until removed by the .NET Framework "Garbage Collector". The "Common
    Language Runtime" of the .NET Framework is where code is processed and it is
    where the exception will be created. You are correct though that this will
    not affect the CLR's ability to handle other requests.

    Scott M., Mar 19, 2007