    This situation is very strange...
    Thanks for your explanations...

    franck

    Franck Ditter, Nov 14, 2010

  2. Franck Ditter

    Chris Rebert Guest

    On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Franck Ditter <> wrote:
    > Pardon my noobness (?) but why is there a 2.x and 3.x development
    > teams working concurrently in Python ? I hardly saw that in other
    > languages.

    You haven't heard of the infamous Perl 6?

    Read http://wiki.python.org/moin/Python2orPython3

    > Isn't 3.x supposed to extend 2.y ?

    Not just extend. It also makes some *backwards-incompatible* removals
    and revisions, hence the different major version number.

    Cheers,
    Chris
    --
    http://blog.rebertia.com

    Chris Rebert, Nov 14, 2010

  3. Franck Ditter

    Anssi Saari Guest

    Franck Ditter <> writes:

    > Pardon my noobness (?) but why is there a 2.x and 3.x development
    > teams working concurrently in Python ?

    Well, Python 2.7 is the last major 2.x release, only bugfixes are done
    for it, like the 2.7.1 release. Actual developement is in the 3.x
    branch now.

    > Which one should I choose to start with, to cope with
    > the future ?

    I started with a good book covering both. The basics are mostly the
    same anyways.

    Anssi Saari, Dec 29, 2010