Noob Question

Rob McGillivray

Hi All,

I'm new to Python, and trying to get python 3.2 installed on Centos 5.6. When I run 'make test', I receive several errors. The readme states that you can generally ignore messages about skipped tests, but as you can see below, some of the tests failed and a number were 'unexpected skips', so I'm not sure if I can go ahead with the install or need to perform further troubleshooting.

The output of 'make test' is shown below:

313 tests OK.
5 tests failed:
test_argparse test_distutils test_httpservers test_import
test_zipfile
31 tests skipped:
test_bz2 test_codecmaps_cn test_codecmaps_hk test_codecmaps_jp
test_codecmaps_kr test_codecmaps_tw test_curses test_dbm_gnu
test_dbm_ndbm test_gdb test_gzip test_kqueue test_ossaudiodev
test_readline test_smtpnet test_socketserver test_sqlite test_ssl
test_startfile test_tcl test_timeout test_tk test_ttk_guionly
test_ttk_textonly test_urllib2net test_urllibnet test_winreg
test_winsound test_xmlrpc_net test_zipfile64 test_zlib
11 skips unexpected on linux2:
test_bz2 test_dbm_gnu test_dbm_ndbm test_gzip test_readline
test_ssl test_tcl test_tk test_ttk_guionly test_ttk_textonly
test_zlib
sys:1: ResourceWarning: unclosed file <_io.TextIOWrapper name='/dev/null' mode='a' encoding='UTF-8'>
make: *** [test] Error 1

Any help would be appreciated. Apologies if this post is to the wrong group. If so, please advise the appropriate group.

Thanks in advance,

Rob