Noob Question

Discussion in 'Python' started by Rob McGillivray, Apr 19, 2011.

  1. Hi All,

    I'm new to Python, and trying to get python 3.2 installed on Centos 5.6. When I run 'make test', I receive several errors. The readme states that you can generally ignore messages about skipped tests, but as you can see below, some of the tests failed and a number were 'unexpected skips', so I'm not sure if I can go ahead with the install or need to perform further troubleshooting.

    The output of 'make test' is shown below:

    313 tests OK.
    5 tests failed:
    test_argparse test_distutils test_httpservers test_import
    test_zipfile
    31 tests skipped:
    test_bz2 test_codecmaps_cn test_codecmaps_hk test_codecmaps_jp
    test_codecmaps_kr test_codecmaps_tw test_curses test_dbm_gnu
    test_dbm_ndbm test_gdb test_gzip test_kqueue test_ossaudiodev
    test_readline test_smtpnet test_socketserver test_sqlite test_ssl
    test_startfile test_tcl test_timeout test_tk test_ttk_guionly
    test_ttk_textonly test_urllib2net test_urllibnet test_winreg
    test_winsound test_xmlrpc_net test_zipfile64 test_zlib
    11 skips unexpected on linux2:
    test_bz2 test_dbm_gnu test_dbm_ndbm test_gzip test_readline
    test_ssl test_tcl test_tk test_ttk_guionly test_ttk_textonly
    test_zlib
    sys:1: ResourceWarning: unclosed file <_io.TextIOWrapper name='/dev/null' mode='a' encoding='UTF-8'>
    make: *** [test] Error 1

    Any help would be appreciated. Apologies if this post is to the wrong group. If so, please advise the appropriate group.

    Thanks in advance,

    Rob

    Rob McGillivray, Apr 19, 2011