    Thanks,
    Peter

    , Feb 18, 2006

  2. Dave Weaver Guest

    <> wrote:

    > I don't know much about the Java and Perl worlds but how do Swing and
    > Tk match up? I've read Swing is slow. Can Tk do all the things Swing
    > can do (Trees, tabs, drag and drop, etc)?

    I know nothing about Swing, but Tk can certainly do trees, tabs and
    drag'n'drop.

    Install the Tk module and run the 'widget' demo program that comes
    with it to see all the things you can do.

    Dave Weaver, Mar 1, 2006

    Dave Weaver wrote:

    > Install the Tk module and run the 'widget' demo program
    > that comes with it to see all the things you can do.

    Oh, wow... I didn't know until just now that this "widget" demo
    existed. (I knew a similar demo existed for Tcl/Tk, but I didn't know
    there was one on the Perl side.)

    I wish I knew about this demo several years ago. Would you mind
    taking a time machine back in time four years and e-mailing me this
    information? (just joking, of course)

    Anyway, thank-you very much for the useful information.

    -- Jean-Luc

    , Mar 1, 2006