Noobie looking for relevant Java knowledge

Pingo

Hi y'all
I'm just beginning my journey into the world of Java programming. The
amount of help and information on the net is vast and trying to
discern what is relevant and necessary can be confusing to say the
least.
If anyone can recommend (tried and trusted) texts, websites, etc that
they have used I would be most grateful.
Thanks for any help.

Thomas G. Marshall

Pingo coughed up:
Hi y'all
I'm just beginning my journey into the world of Java programming. The
amount of help and information on the net is vast and trying to
discern what is relevant and necessary can be confusing to say the
least.
If anyone can recommend (tried and trusted) texts, websites, etc that
they have used I would be most grateful.
Thanks for any help.

Check out the Java Ranch. They have a cute way of presenting the various
issues related to java. They have a section dedicated to code examples too.
It's worth a click-through.

There are a /lot/ of folks in that organization dedicated to helping java
"dudes".

http://www.javaranch.com/