NORAD's Santa page

Neal

Ugly, yes, but my 6 year-old has been checking it hourly to track
Santa's progress. In his eyes, it's a beautiful site.

Proof that people will overcome anything for the content they need.
Doesn't mean, however, that a better design wouldn't have helped.

Richard

Neal said:
If I were Santa, the site designer would be getting coal in his stocking.

Ya know, even as a child myself when the local tv stations would pull this
stunt, I always thought how corny it was.
I mean after all, here it is 11:00PM on the east coast and he's gonna cover
the entire time zone from north pole to south pole in one hour?
Yeah right.
Ok so maybe like he's got a zillion little elfs helping him out eh?

Dylan Parry

Richard said:
I mean after all, here it is 11:00PM on the east coast and he's gonna
cover the entire time zone from north pole to south pole in one hour?

Oh come on! Santa is magic ;)

Travis Newbury

Proof that people will overcome anything for the content they need.
Doesn't mean, however, that a better design wouldn't have helped.

Also doesn't mean it would either.

Travis Newbury

Ya know, even as a child myself when the local tv stations would pull this
stunt, I always thought how corny it was.
I mean after all, here it is 11:00PM on the east coast and he's gonna cover
the entire time zone from north pole to south pole in one hour?
Yeah right.
Ok so maybe like he's got a zillion little elfs helping him out eh?

Maybe it is a story. Maybe with magic he can. And just maybe, in the
eyes of kids, it really doesn't matter HOW he does it.

Leave it to alt.html to shit on anything.

Neal

I was commenting on the spirit of those that thought it was important to
comment on the Santa tracking site spirit.

Aw, I love Santa. In fact, my initial comment suggested this site was not
worthy of Santa.