NORAD's Santa page

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Neal, Dec 24, 2004.

  1. Neal

    Neal Guest

    Neal, Dec 24, 2004

  2. Neal

    saz Guest

    saz, Dec 24, 2004
  3. Neal

    Neal Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:07:38 -0600, saz <>
    wrote:

    >> > http://www.noradsanta.org/english/

    > Ugly, yes, but my 6 year-old has been checking it hourly to track
    > Santa's progress. In his eyes, it's a beautiful site.

    Proof that people will overcome anything for the content they need.
    Doesn't mean, however, that a better design wouldn't have helped.
    Neal, Dec 24, 2004
  4. Neal

    Richard Guest

    Neal wrote:

    > http://www.noradsanta.org/english/

    > If I were Santa, the site designer would be getting coal in his stocking.

    Ya know, even as a child myself when the local tv stations would pull this
    stunt, I always thought how corny it was.
    I mean after all, here it is 11:00PM on the east coast and he's gonna cover
    the entire time zone from north pole to south pole in one hour?
    Yeah right.
    Ok so maybe like he's got a zillion little elfs helping him out eh?
    Richard, Dec 24, 2004
  5. Neal

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > I mean after all, here it is 11:00PM on the east coast and he's gonna
    > cover the entire time zone from north pole to south pole in one hour?

    Oh come on! Santa is magic ;)

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Dec 24, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    says...

    > > Ugly, yes, but my 6 year-old has been checking it hourly to track
    > > Santa's progress. In his eyes, it's a beautiful site.

    > Proof that people will overcome anything for the content they need.
    > Doesn't mean, however, that a better design wouldn't have helped.

    Also doesn't mean it would either.
    --
    -=*Tn*=-
    Travis Newbury, Dec 24, 2004
  7. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > > http://www.noradsanta.org/english/
    > > If I were Santa, the site designer would be getting coal in his stocking.

    > Ya know, even as a child myself when the local tv stations would pull this
    > stunt, I always thought how corny it was.
    > I mean after all, here it is 11:00PM on the east coast and he's gonna cover
    > the entire time zone from north pole to south pole in one hour?
    > Yeah right.
    > Ok so maybe like he's got a zillion little elfs helping him out eh?

    Maybe it is a story. Maybe with magic he can. And just maybe, in the
    eyes of kids, it really doesn't matter HOW he does it.

    Leave it to alt.html to shit on anything.
    --
    -=*Tn*=-
    Travis Newbury, Dec 24, 2004
  8. Neal

    Neal Guest

    Travis Newbury

    >> Doesn't mean, however, that a better design wouldn't have helped.

    > Also doesn't mean it would either.

    I think we can agree, however, that it sure wouldn't hurt!
    Neal, Dec 24, 2004
  9. Travis Newbury wrote:

    > Leave it to alt.html to shit on anything.

    I love your holiday spirit.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 25, 2004
  10. In article <>, lid
    says...
    > > Leave it to alt.html to shit on anything.

    > I love your holiday spirit.

    I was commenting on the spirit of those that thought it was important to
    comment on the Santa tracking site spirit.

    But you knew that.

    --
    -=*Tn*=-
    Travis Newbury, Dec 25, 2004
  11. Neal

    Neal Guest

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 08:04:51 -0500, Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > I was commenting on the spirit of those that thought it was important to
    > comment on the Santa tracking site spirit.

    Aw, I love Santa. In fact, my initial comment suggested this site was not
    worthy of Santa.
    Neal, Dec 25, 2004