Norton Firewall causes '0 bytes download' problem.

Al Cadalzo

I have a web page that allows a user to download data by clicking on a link
button. I then use Aspose.Excel (v1.0.3705) to generate the file for
download and then
I call the "Save" method on the Aspose.Excel object to send it to the
Response object. One of our users has Norton Firewall installed and when he
tries to download a large amount of data he gets a message ""0 bytes
downloaded". It works OK with smaller files. When he disables the Norton
then both large and small files download OK. Has anyone had any experience
with this problem?

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Yes, last week this popped up at work with norton firewall. This is probably
a norton tech support issue and not asp.net. Have you tried their customer
support? In our case, we advised the client that it wasn't our software
causing the problem and were under no obligation to repair or trouble-shoot
the problem.