Not a good way to start my day...

mr ra88it

Hello all,

I got up this morning and finally got around to compiling and
installing 2.8.4 on my ibook. Everything seemed fine 'til I tried to
crank up my time keeping application that I wrote in Rails. This
triggered the Logger error, which somehow I had not heard about yet,
so I did some googling and learned that it has been a recognized bug
for several weeks now.

SO, I decided to update all my gems, but this triggered an "ERROR
While executing gem" message. Can't remember what the error was. I ran
the command again and got another "ERROR while executing gem" message,
but this time it was a different error. (Something about an invalid
date.) So, I tried a third time and this time it seemed to be doing
fine - started installing the various dependencies, etc.

Then it crashed on an RDoc error. So I cranked it up again and it
moved on to more updates. Then a different RDoc crash.

Cranked it up, another (different) RDoc crash. Cranked it up, another
(different) RDoc crash.

Ugghh. Does everybody get these errors when they update their gems? I
guess I'll turn off RDoc next time, but I will miss having offline
documentation.

ra88it

Eric Hodel

Hello all,

I got up this morning and finally got around to compiling and
installing 2.8.4 on my ibook. Everything seemed fine 'til I tried to
crank up my time keeping application that I wrote in Rails. This
triggered the Logger error, which somehow I had not heard about yet,
so I did some googling and learned that it has been a recognized bug
for several weeks now.

Oh, the "Rails does nasty things to Logger" bug, you have very old
Rails apps then.
SO, I decided to update all my gems, but this triggered an "ERROR
While executing gem" message. Can't remember what the error was. I ran
the command again and got another "ERROR while executing gem" message,
but this time it was a different error. (Something about an invalid
date.) So, I tried a third time and this time it seemed to be doing
fine - started installing the various dependencies, etc.

Then it crashed on an RDoc error. So I cranked it up again and it
moved on to more updates. Then a different RDoc crash.

Cranked it up, another (different) RDoc crash. Cranked it up, another
(different) RDoc crash.

Ugghh. Does everybody get these errors when they update their gems? I
guess I'll turn off RDoc next time, but I will miss having offline
documentation.

What errors?

Nobody can help you if you don't supply the necessary detail.