...not a member of... error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi - using VS2003 and VB.Net - in my code I have:

    Imports System.Data
    Imports System.Data.SqlClient
    Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls
    ..
    ..

    Protected WithEvents Button2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button

    ...further down...

    Protected Sub clickEditCat(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    ..
    ..

    ...and in my aspx file:

    <asp:Button id="Button2" onclick="clickEditCat" runat="server"
    text="Edit"></asp:Button>

    But I get the error:

    'clickEditCat' is not a member of 'ASP.editpage_aspx'.

    My page directive is:

    <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" CodeBehind="editpage.aspx.vb"
    AutoEventsWireUp="false" Inherits="calltrack.editpage" %>

    Thanks for any help,

    Mark, Nov 14, 2003