Not able to create/Run ASP.NET Project

Ajay

Hi Gurus,

Here is my Problem I am not able to create the asp.net web application
when ever i tried to create a new project i am getting the following
error message.

"Visual Studio .NET could not create the application . Your browser is
configured to use a proxy server for the local server"

I checked my internet setting "By pass proxy server local address
checkbox" was checked
The version IIS I am running is IIS5.1
I tried to create a blank project and add webform from the list .. but
webform is not available in the list.

and All ASPX file are not recognized in the file system..

I created a simpel aspx using notepad and tried to run that page . I
ended up with the following error.

"Incorrect number of arguments. Note: ASP.NET worker process can not
be used interactively. Exiting."

I got the same error when I tried to run aspnet_wp.exe from command
line.

STEPS I DID TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM.

1, Checked my local user group for ASPNET user

2, I tried machine.config , processmodel section , username as
"machine" and "system"

3, Uninstalled Vs.net framework 1.1

4, Uninstalled IIS

5, Installed vs.net framework 1.1 again

6, Installed IIS

7, aspnet_regiis.exe /i ran from command line prompt.

After doing all the above steps still I am not able to run/create
asp.net app.

I am really stuck ... I don't know what to do ....?

Please any of you know what's going on with my machine ..please let me
know
that's really great help..

central-penn

Ajay said:
[...]

me
know
that's really great help..

-
central-pen

central-penn

central-penn said:

Did you do the following?
Start
Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Internet Information Services
Expand the name of your computer
Expand Web Sites
Right click on Default Web Site
Click on Start if it is enabled.
You can alternatively click on the Start icon on the toolbar.
This should start IIS.

When I had this problem, I kept trying to start IIS Admin unde
Services, which did not help.

If Start is disabled, then IIS is already running, and this is not you
problem.

-
central-pen