not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple preferably

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by HP, Jan 2, 2006.

  1. HP

    HP Guest

    Hi All

    i wana parse this xml file , which i am getting after doing perl
    request to my a website.
    i wana store each field in vairable without creating a file.

    Please help me out geeks

    <header>
    <cell column="1">XXXXX</cell>
    <cell column="2">Priority</cell>
    <cell column="3">YYYYyy</cell>
    <cell column="4"> Date</cell>
    <cell column="5">Owner</cell>
    <cell column="6">l Name</cell>
    <cell column="7">Age</cell>
    <cell column="8"> Classification</cell>
    <cell column="9"> Release</cell>
    <cell column="10">stone</cell>
    <cell column="11">us</cell>
    <cell column="12">HEAD</cell>
    </header>
    <row order="1">
    <cell column="1">ZZZZZZ</cell>
    <cell column="2">3</cell>
    <cell column="3">Open</cell>
    <cell column="4">2005-12-30</cell>
    <cell column<="5">GHHHH</cell>
    <cell column="6">Tony (H)</cell>
    <cell column="7">70</cell>
    <cell column="8">FFFFFFFl</cell>
    <cell column="9">v16.0_LB7</cell>
    <cell column="10">KKKKK</cell>
    <cell column="11">RRRRR</cell>

    HP, Jan 2, 2006

  2. HP

    Big and Blue Guest

    HP wrote:

    > i wana parse this xml file

    XML::parser

    either you or I have to believe it.

    Big and Blue, Jan 2, 2006

  3. HP

    HP Guest

    Re: not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple preferably

    Hi Big & Blue

    i wana use xml::simple for that.
    please help me out

    HP, Jan 2, 2006
  4. HP

    Paul Lalli Guest

    HP wrote:
    > Subject: Re: not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple preferably

    There is no such module. You probably meant XML::Simple. Case
    matters.

    > i wana parse this xml file , which i am getting after doing perl
    > request to my a website.
    > i wana store each field in vairable without creating a file.

    What have you tried so far? How did it not do what you wanted? What
    errors did you receive? How did the output differ from the expected or
    desired output?

    > Please help me out geeks

    Some people may, indeed, use the term "geek" to describe themselves
    with a sense of pride. Others consider it rather insulting. I suggest
    you avoid using it with such a broad audience from whom you are seeking
    assistance.

    > <header>
    > <cell column="1">XXXXX</cell>
    > <cell column="2">Priority</cell>
    > <cell column="3">YYYYyy</cell>
    > <cell column="4"> Date</cell>
    > <cell column="5">Owner</cell>
    > <cell column="6">l Name</cell>
    > <cell column="7">Age</cell>
    > <cell column="8"> Classification</cell>
    > <cell column="9"> Release</cell>
    > <cell column="10">stone</cell>
    > <cell column="11">us</cell>
    > <cell column="12">HEAD</cell>
    > </header>
    > <row order="1">
    > <cell column="1">ZZZZZZ</cell>
    > <cell column="2">3</cell>
    > <cell column="3">Open</cell>
    > <cell column="4">2005-12-30</cell>
    > <cell column<="5">GHHHH</cell>
    > <cell column="6">Tony (H)</cell>
    > <cell column="7">70</cell>
    > <cell column="8">FFFFFFFl</cell>
    > <cell column="9">v16.0_LB7</cell>
    > <cell column="10">KKKKK</cell>
    > <cell column="11">RRRRR</cell>

    That is not XML.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Jan 2, 2006
  5. HP

    HP Guest

    Re: not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple preferably

    Hi Paul

    I dont know very much XML::Simple
    i dont know how to do that, since i haven't enough time to go through
    the books, i am looking for help
    can u help me writing the code for it.
    i havent write any code for this

    Please help me out.

    HP, Jan 2, 2006
  6. HP

    Paul Lalli Guest

    HP wrote:
    > I dont know very much XML::Simple

    http://search.cpan.org/~grantm/XML-Simple-2.14/lib/XML/Simple.pm

    If you don't know the module, why did you tell another poster you were
    insisting on using it?

    > i dont know how to do that, since i haven't enough time to go through
    > the books,

    So your time is more valuable than ours?

    > i am looking for help

    No you're not. You're looking for someone to write the code for you.

    > can u help me writing the code for it.

    Wrong newsgroup. Here we help people learn Perl and debug their Perl
    programs. You're looking for jobs.perl.org. When you post there, make
    sure you include how much you're willing to pay for this service.

    > i havent write any code for this

    Try. Then ask for help.

    > Please help me out.

    I did. I told you that the text you posted was not XML, and I pointed
    you to the documentation for the module you claim you wish to use.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Jan 2, 2006
  7. HP wrote:
    > i wana parse this xml file , which i am getting after doing perl
    >
    > <header>
    > [...]
    > </header>
    > <row order="1">
    > [...]

    This is not XML

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jan 2, 2006
  8. HP

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Paul Lalli" <> wrote in message
    > HP wrote:
    >> Subject: Re: not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple
    >> preferably

    > There is no such module. You probably meant XML::Simple. Case
    > matters.

    True, but, like many things, it does and doesn't matter on Windows:

    use xml::simple;

    will work just fine for requiring the code, but the import part of the use
    will fail so you have to prefix all your function calls with XML::Simple::.
    Just another of the annoying things about Windows.

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Jan 2, 2006
  9. HP

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Matt Garrish" <> wrote in message

    > "Paul Lalli" <> wrote in message
    >> HP wrote:
    >>> Subject: Re: not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple
    >>> preferably

    >> There is no such module. You probably meant XML::Simple. Case
    >> matters.
    >>

    > True, but, like many things, it does and doesn't matter on Windows:
    >
    > use xml::simple;
    >
    > will work just fine for requiring the code, but the import part of the use
    > will fail so you have to prefix all your function calls with
    > XML::Simple::. Just another of the annoying things about Windows.

    To be clear, that you can write the lower-case version is the annoying
    thing, not that you have to prefix the functions (read the other way on
    reflection). I have come across code where people haven't used proper case,
    and then prefixed all the functions presumably thinking that is just how
    it's done.

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Jan 2, 2006
  10. HP

    Big and Blue Guest

    Matt Garrish wrote:

    > True, but, like many things, it does and doesn't matter on Windows:
    >
    > use xml::simple;
    >
    > will work just fine for requiring the code, but the import part of the use
    > will fail so you have to prefix all your function calls with XML::Simple::.
    > Just another of the annoying things about Windows.

    Actually, it's not Windows per se that causes this - it's
    case-insensitive file systems and all (both) of the standard Windows ones
    (FAT and NTFS) are case insensitive. The same would be true on a Linux
    system if you were using FAT or NTFS to hold the module files (but I doubt
    that this occurs all that often).

    Presumably NFS on Windows is case-sensitive (I've never bother to
    install it, so can't say).

    either you or I have to believe it.

    Big and Blue, Jan 2, 2006