Not able to populate and select an item in a list dynamically? Hel

Guest

Hello,

I have a dropdown list control, where there are cases that I need to
populate the control from a database and select one of the items in this list
after.

Because the content of this control depends on the previous selection of the
user, the control needs to be populated dynamically and not before.

Now what is happening, I get an exception of "reference to an instance of an
object that is not defined...". So looks like till the page is not displayed
the list doesn't exists!

So what is a solution for this kind of cases, because I am sure others have
come across this before?

thanks advance for your help

Scott Allen

Hi Reza:

Are you dynamically creating the control or is it a part of the markup
in the ASPX of the form? If you could show us the good where the
exception occurs it might give us a chance to see what is going wrong.