Not able to popup the calendar due to PostBack untill al the validations have been met

DotNetJunkies User

I successfully implemented this poup calendar control in C#. But the problem I am having is that the button click is posting back and the validator is getting fired which is asking all the required fields on the page to be first entered in with some data. Once all the validations are satisfied for other fields then the popup calendar pops up. But I would like the user to be able to fill in the date before he wants to fill in other fields. How is this possible? My button calling the popup calendar is a server control and I tried it with HTML button control but either I do not know how to do that or it is not the way. Thanks in advance for any one who can help.

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

the button which you don't want to cause validation can be specified with
CausesValidation="False" attribute.

--
Teemu Keiski
http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke