    display. but i can run the static page(without using sql server
    connection) from the same IIS server. I think im mistaking in the sql
    server connection. can anyone help me out.

    Manish, Mar 20, 2008

  2. Manish

    David Wier Guest

    Have you got the correct version of ASP.Net selected in IIS?
    Is the directory where you application resides a virtual directory which is
    recognizable in IIS?

    --

    David Wier
    http://aspnet101.com

    David Wier, Mar 20, 2008

  3. Manish

    Manish Guest

    Iam using asp.net 2.0 and i have the file in the wwwroot folder. still
    im not getting the output. But in the same system i can run the static
    page.

    Manish, Mar 20, 2008
  4. Manish

    David Wier Guest

    Have you tried adding a breakpoint in the Page_Load event, and walking line
    by line through the loading of the page, to see where the problem lies?

    David Wier
    http://aspnet101.com
    bloated markup

    David Wier, Mar 20, 2008
  5. It seems that you are saying that when you run your app
    in your computer's development server the app runs OK,
    but that when you run the app in your internet server, it doesn't run.

    Is that correct ?

    Please post the error message, if there's one.

    re:
    !> I think im mistaking in the sql server connection

    Connection strings vary according to the SQL server version used.

    Are you using SQL Server 2005 or 2000 ? Is your internet server using SQL Server 2005 or 2000 ?
    Does your development server run the same version of SQL server as your internet server does ?

    Letting us know that info will help you get an answer.

    It would also help if you would post the sql connection
    you use in the development server, which works OK.

    Please substitute the username and the password in the connection string.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 20, 2008
  6. Can you run simple .aspx pages ?

    Please save this code as "identity.aspx" in the wwwroot folder,
    run it and let us know what it returns :

    identity.aspx:
    ==========
    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    <%@ Import NameSpace = System.Security.Principal %>
    <script runat="server">
    Sub Page_Load()
    Dim tmp As String = WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent.Name()
    Label1.Text = "ASP.NET is running as the account : " & tmp
    End Sub
    </script>
    <head>
    <title>What account is ASP.NET running as ?</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" Runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
    </form>
    ==========

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 20, 2008
  7. Manish

    David Wier Guest

    Check your Application Event Log
    After I set up VS.Net to use Localhost one time, I kept getting some odd
    errors
    I searched the net for the specific errors and got it working..

    David Wier
    http://aspnet101.com
    bloated markup

    David Wier, Mar 20, 2008
  8. Manish

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Manish explained :
    > Hi friends iam using IIS server to run my asp.net program. I can
    > compile and run from the asp.net tool and also i can connect with sql
    > server. when i try to run from the IIS server i was not able to
    > connect with sql server and I am getting error as page cannot be
    > display. but i can run the static page(without using sql server
    > connection) from the same IIS server. I think im mistaking in the sql
    > server connection. can anyone help me out.

    Do you use integrated security for the connection? The account an
    asp.net site runs under is a local account that is not known on the sql
    server machine. Therefore we use sqlserver authentication (needs to be
    enabled explicitly).

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Mar 20, 2008