    access the registry of window vista in .net 2.0.

    Thanks
    Anjana
    =?Utf-8?B?QW5qYW5h?=, Feb 19, 2007

  2. On Feb 19, 10:49 am, Anjana <> wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > we creating a web application in ASP .net 2.0. we are trying to read font
    > file path from registry as below
    >
    > Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey registryKeyParen
    > registryKeyChild = registryKeyParent.OpenSubKey(subKey);
    >
    > it's running in windows xp. but when we try to run this application in
    > windows vista
    > it's throwing an error. reason is that as a restricted user, the application
    > is not allowed to access the registry.
    >
    > is there any way that the application can allowed to the restricted user to
    > access the registry of window vista in .net 2.0.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Anjana

    Did you checked the Trust Level?

    Maybe Vista has it different by default
    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 19, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QW5qYW5h?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Anjana" <> wrote in message

    > we creating a web application in ASP .net 2.0. we are trying to read font
    > file path from registry as below
    >
    > Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey registryKeyParen
    > registryKeyChild = registryKeyParent.OpenSubKey(subKey);
    >
    > it's running in windows xp. but when we try to run this application in
    > windows vista
    > it's throwing an error. reason is that as a restricted user, the
    > application
    > is not allowed to access the registry.

    Yes, that would be correct.

    > is there any way that the application can allowed to the restricted user
    > access the registry of window vista in .net 2.0.

    I was at a Vista Security for Developers seminar hosted by Microsoft a
    couple of months ago, and they mentioned that they have deliberately made it
    very difficult for apps to access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive - if you're
    trying to do that, then you will need to elevate the privileges of the
    current user...
    Mark Rae, Feb 19, 2007