Not another "could not create type 'blah'" thread

DevMountain

OK so I have rebuilt my PC annd am suffering an issue that I have not got on
any others.

Windows XP - SP2
VS 2005 with SP
VS 2008 with SP
IIS
Office 2007 with SP
SQL Server 2005

I have used VS 2005 (and 2008) to create a new empty web application.
I build it and then browse to detault.aspx and I get:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'WebApplication2._Default'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApplication2._Default" %>
Line 2:
Line 3: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

Source File: /Default.aspx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

I've tried most suggestions from other threads and got nowhere - any ideas
please?

Guest

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'WebApplication2._Default'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApplication2._Default" %>
Line 2:
Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

Source File: /Default.aspx    Line: 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

I've tried most suggestions from other threads and got nowhere - any ideas
please?

Try to check what ASP.NET version is configured in IIS (website
properties). If version is correct (2.0), try to change it e.g. to 1.1
- OK, then back to 2.0. Or reinstall it manually.

DevMountain

Hi Alexey - thanks for replying.

I have tried that and it makes no difference.
I have also tried:
aspnet_regiis -u
aspnet_regiis -i

I am also not convinced that it is an IIS issue because if I reconfigure the
web app project to use the internal VS web server I get the same problem.

Mark
===================================

:

Try to check what ASP.NET version is configured in IIS (website
properties). If version is correct (2.0), try to change it e.g. to 1.1
- OK, then back to 2.0. Or reinstall it manually.

DevMountain

Hi Patrice,

Reflector shows that the object exists.
Also if I create another test project in the same colution that odes...

WebApplication2._Default x = new WebApplication2._Default();
Console.Write(x.Visible);
Console.ReadLine();

it shows 'True' as expected so the object can be created and does exist.

================

John

DevMountain,

Have you tried to delete all temporary files and rebuild the website?
(if it is a website instead of a web project)

John.

DevMountain

John,

Yes - removed files from:
- C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
- web app bin folder
- web app obj folder

Mark

DevMountain

Sorry - just another point - this issues is affecting ALL web apps on my PC,
not just this new one

DevMountain

Anyone else got any suggestions?
Told you I've tried everything suggested elsewhere :,-@