Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

vlad

We are running SQL server 2000 on MS Windows Server 2000. We have web based
database (ASP.net and SQL Server 2000). When I run this page with 'sa'
account, It works but when I change it to Window autointoxication I am
getting the following error massage.
Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection.
I don't want to use 'sa' account. Please let me know how to solve this
problem.

Jens Süßmeyer

Hello vlad !

Try to search for "impersonation" in the web.config, its responsible for the
behaviour of SQL Server and your Web Server.

Jens Süßmeyer

Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net

The other poster recommended impersonation. However a few 'Gotchya' there
1) The requesting user must have authenticated on the web server before the
SQL request
2) This prevents using connection pooling as the connection string changes,
and therefore slows execution
3) The calling user must be an user on the SQL Box.

I suggest that you add ASPNET as a user on the SQL Box, set the permissions
to what the server will need, and use that account. This side steps the
issues above.

Tom
= Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net, MCAD.net, MCP
= 45Wallstreet.com (www.45wallstreet.com)
= (803)-345-5001
= If you are not making any mistakes
..= ..you are not trying hard enough.

vlad

I don't have impersonation in my web.config. So all I have to do just create
one?
just set impersonation = true and give it an account login
and password