"Not enough arguments" but void

roN

Hi,

I get a weird error in Firefox, it tells me: "Not enough arguments" but the
function doesn't require any arguments.
The function looks like:
function add(void)
{
score+=parseInt(document.getElementById('new_business').value);
score+=parseInt(document.getElementById('starting').value);
score+=parseInt(document.getElementById('liquid').value);
score+=parseInt(document.getElementById('funds').value);
score+=parseInt(document.getElementById('home').value);
score+=parseInt(document.getElementById('income').value);
score+=parseInt(document.getElementById('excited').value);
alert(score);

document.getElementById('postscore').value=score;
document.getElementById('cusscore').innerHTML=score;
var curdate = new Date();
var hour = curdate.getHours();
hour=hour-3; // convert hour from EST to PST
if (score >=70 && hour>=8 && hour<=16) // only between 8am and 5pm PST
{
dosomething();
}
else
{
dosomethingelse();

and i call it with calls like:
<select name="new_business" id="new_business" onchange="add()">

The whole page would be at: http://www.dvdnowkiosks.com/callcenter3.php
It's a form for a call centre and different answers give different points
which then will be displayed on the bottom in the field "cusscore".

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks lots!

Ron

David Mark

Hi,

I get a weird error in Firefox, it tells me: "Not enough arguments" but the
function doesn't require any arguments.
The function looks like:
function add(void)

function add()

David Mark

I had done that already earlier...then added void... returns the same error
either way...

Take "void" back out and change the name of the function. Apparently
you can't use "add." I changed it to "add2" and it worked fine.

roN

David Mark said:
Sure it did.

Gives me a different error. And one that indicates it made it into
the addScore function. Add this to the top of that function:

var score;

Are you reading the error console?
YeSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I have read it but my firefox apparently didn't refresh
properly the first time. Thanks 10,000 times! YEAH! Great!!! :) Thanks and
have a good weekend :)

David Mark

YeSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I have read it but my firefox apparently didn't refresh
properly the first time. Thanks 10,000 times! YEAH! Great!!! :)

You should always clear the error console before trying a fix.
Otherwise it is confusing as to which errors are current and which
were from a previous version.

dhtmlkitchen

Hi,

I get a weird error in Firefox, it tells me: "Not enough arguments" but the
function doesn't require any arguments.
The function looks like:
function add(void)
{
void operator requires an expression after that. You can't set "void"
to be a parameter variable.

function add() {
var score = 0;