    windows programming available?

    Please give me some advice.

    Thanks.
    sikka noel, Jul 31, 2003

  2. "sikka noel" <> wrote...
    > I rencenly finished by college book on c++. I have done data
    > structures & operating systems as well. I thought that at this point i
    > know C++ completely. However when I go on internet and look for source
    > codes of C++. They have all these wierd LPCSTR unsigned signed dword
    > and all that lingo that i never studied in my college course. and it
    > makes me feel very weak in C++, even though i can write any project in
    > my c++ book very easily and fast. Can somebody tell me where is a good
    > start to learn this professional lingo of c++. Are there are good
    > microsoft tutorials? Are there some easy tutorials on network or
    > windows programming available?

    Please begin by asking in the right newsgroup. This is not it.
    You need comp.os.ms-windows.programmer or any appropriate one from
    the msnews.microsoft.com server. Good luck!

    Victor

    P.S. LPCSTR is not "professional lingo of c++".
    Victor Bazarov, Jul 31, 2003

  3. sikka noel

    Agent Mulder Guest

    SN> Are there are good microsoft tutorials? Are there
    SN> some easy tutorials on network or windows
    SN> programming available?

    You will have a wonderful time if you
    descend into the tutorial on Windows
    programming 'in the raw', using classes
    and templates to very quickly abstract
    away the Windows-internals, that starts on

    http://www.relisoft.com/Win32/index.htm

    If you can afford it buy 'Programming Windows
    95' by Charles Petzold, very famous. Just today
    I downloaded the examples from the book from

    ftp://ftp.charlespetzold.com/ProgWin95/

    using drag-and-drop :)

    -X
    Agent Mulder, Jul 31, 2003
  4. sikka noel

    sikka noel Guest

    "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Please begin by asking in the right newsgroup. This is not it.
    > You need comp.os.ms-windows.programmer or any appropriate one from
    > the msnews.microsoft.com server. Good luck!

    jeez, i didn't know that. there we go you have taught something if not
    cpp. i expected i could ask about anything related to cpp in
    comp.lang."c++". windows programming was one of examples. and i
    thought that i could find the good people to reach here.

    -s

    sikka noel, Aug 1, 2003
  5. "sikka noel" <> wrote...
    > [...] i expected i could ask about anything related to cpp in
    > comp.lang."c++". windows programming was one of examples. and i
    > thought that i could find the good people to reach here.

    Are you the same troll that comes here every now and then to
    complain about inability to get any answers to questions that
    are off-topic? If so, say it and I'll place your address in
    my killfile. If not, start _listening_ to what people tell
    you and your life will suddenly get better. This is a C++
    _language_ newsgroup. Windows programming in _not_ part of
    C++ language. That's why there are different newsgroups to
    ask questions about Windows programming regardless of what
    language you use. Is that something you comprehend?
    Victor Bazarov, Aug 1, 2003
  6. Re: Not even a newbee. Good at school course. please advise goodstart

    sikka noel wrote:

    > i expected i could ask about anything related to cpp in comp.lang."c++".

    You can ask.
    But that doesn't mean that this is the best place to get answers.
    Victor's advice is sound and you would do well to follow it.
    E. Robert Tisdale, Aug 1, 2003
  7. sikka noel

    Agent Mulder Guest

    Agent Mulder, Aug 1, 2003
  8. "Tobias Langner" <> wrote in message

    > > P.S. LPCSTR is not "professional lingo of c++".

    > LPCSTR is actually a naming convention that MS uses for the win-api. I

    think
    > it stands for: Long Pointer to C-STRing

    Long Pointer to Const STRing, actually. The C-ness is taken for granted and
    the long is about 10 years obsolete.

    john
    John Harrison, Aug 1, 2003
  9. sikka noel

    Mike Wahler Guest

    > > Please begin by asking in the right newsgroup. This is not it.
    > > You need comp.os.ms-windows.programmer or any appropriate one from
    > > the msnews.microsoft.com server. Good luck!

    > jeez, i didn't know that. there we go you have taught something if not
    > cpp. i expected i could ask about anything related to cpp in
    > comp.lang."c++". windows programming was one of examples.

    "Windows programming" is in no way related to C++.

    > and i
    > thought that i could find the good people to reach here.

    Many good people hang out here, but they only discuss
    ISO standard C++, the topic of this newsgroup.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Aug 5, 2003