    find the ground distance (like in Mapquest).

    Thanks,

    Joe

    Galsaba, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Galsaba

    Chris Smith Guest

    Galsaba wrote:
    > I am trying to find a software that can find distance between two ZIP codes.
    > I think most of them do it by having the longtitude and latidute of each ZIP,
    > and substract. But this gives the air distance. Where can I find software that
    > find the ground distance (like in Mapquest).

    http://www.google.com/search?q=mapquest web service

    Or, you can put in a lot of effort to rewrite MapQuest on your own.
    It's not an easy task with a "trick" to it; it involves (among other
    things) knowing the locations and directions of *very* large numbers of
    roads.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Galsaba

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 06 Jun 2004 01:53:15 GMT, (Galsaba) wrote or quoted
    :

    >I am trying to find a software that can find distance between two ZIP codes.
    >I think most of them do it by having the longtitude and latidute of each ZIP,
    >and substract. But this gives the air distance. Where can I find software that
    >find the ground distance (like in Mapquest).

    I have not found much in the way of mapping information free. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/map.html for some companies who might sell
    it to you.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.