not getting any asp.net functionality...

RAB

I loaded IIS 5.1 and the .NET Framework SDK package. Everything seemed
to install just fine. When I point to http://localhost I get a page
with the URL http://localhost/localstart.asp.

I made a simple page "test.aspx" which has a label and placed it in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot. When I point to http://localhost/test.aspx I get a
blank page. The error in the details box says "Error expected ';' Code
0 URL http://localhost/test.aspx

In my error log I see "test.aspx 304"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RABMissouri

Guest

what order did you install them?
do the "aspnet_regiis -i" to ensure it's setup in IIS/site.

RAB

I loaded IIS first and then .NET second.

When I browse to "...\aspnet_regiis" and double click on it, I get a
dos window flashes open and then quickly disappears.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
RABMissouri

Guest

from a command prompt...
go to the aspnet_regiis.exe folder
type "ASPNET_REGIIS.EXE -i" <enter> (no quotes of course)

After that, just take a plain HTML page and rename it .aspx and try to
access it with http://localhost/pagename.aspx

Juan T. Llibre

You have to run aspnet_regiis from the command line
with the appropiate parameters, or it doesn't run correctly.

Open a command window at the .net framework
directory and run aspnet_regiis -i.