Not getting user defined error messages back from SQL

DazedAndConfused

Yesterday I was not able to get the debugger to stop at break points, ripped
..NET FW 2.0 and 1.1 out, reinstalled 1.1, ran aspnet_regiis and break points
worked.

NOW I no longer get user defined raiserror back from SQL server. If I change
code (bad permissions) and SQL throws an error I can catch them, but if the
error is a user error no exception is passed. The SQL user errors worked
before I fixed the break points, does anyone know what I need to do to get
the user exceptions to be passed back?