    something else I need to configure for IIS to ensure this runs in a seperate
    process?

    Thanks in advance.

    Geoff, Feb 6, 2009

  2. Geoff

    George Guest

    No, what you have found is correct.
    You need to create 2 .NET pools one which will be running under ASP.NET 2.0
    and another ASP.NET 1.0
    Then assign those pools to applications accordingly.

    You might have to restart IIS for this...

    George.

    George, Feb 6, 2009

  3. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Thanks for confirming George. We have solved the mystery so let me post it
    here in case it helps others...

    With this ASP.NET 1.1 application one of the aspx pages required making
    changes to the customer errors (tab), which we did when the application was
    incorrectly running under ASP.NET 2.0

    When we changed the ASP.NET version back to 1.1 and assigned its own
    application pool, this page did not get it's script maps changed. It
    remained at 2.0. Also, IIS did not prompt us, or provide any indication that
    a page on the site did not reconfigure.

    using aspnet_regiis -lk we discovered the problem. Deleting the aspx page
    and recopying (then making the needed changes) under 1.1 resolved the problem.

    I consider this a bug in IIS. It should have either changed the scriptmap
    for the page, or asked if we wanted to.

    I have tried this in our test harness and sometimes it changes it, sometimes
    it does not. I consider this a good to know...

    cheers

    Geoff, Feb 6, 2009