Not receiving all emails

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by CS, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. CS

    CS Guest

    I have a stored procedure which sends out an email to all the users
    listed in the database. for some reasons I am not getting all emails.
    could someone offere some assistance?

    Here's my code. Global.asa

    Sub Session_OnStart
    '==Visual InterDev Generated - DataConnection startspan==
    '--BCSI Data Connection

    Session("TMS_ConnectionString") = "DSN=Test"
    Session("TMS_ConnectionTimeout") = 60
    Session("TMS_CommandTimeout") = 60
    Session("TMS_RuntimeUserName") = " "
    Session("TMS_RuntimePassword") = ""

    End Sub

    My asp page:

    Set cnTMS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    cnTMS.ConnectionTimeout = Session("TMS_ConnectionTimeout")
    cnTMS.CommandTimeout = Session("TMS_CommandTimeout")
    cnTMS.Open Session("TMS_ConnectionString"),
    Session("TMS_RuntimeUserName"), Session("TMS_RuntimePassword")

    Set rsTMS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    Set cmdTMS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.command")
    cmdTMS.CommandText = " "
    '
    cmdTMS.CommandText = "Exec Test_ResStaffEmail"
    '
    cmdTMS.CommandType = 1
    Set cmdTMS.ActiveConnection = cnTMS
    rsTMS.Open cmdTMS, , 1, 3

    '
    ' rsTMS.Close
    '
    Set cmdTMS = Nothing
    Set rsTMS = Nothing

    Am i missing somethins as it is supposed to send out 90 emails but i
    receive only 5? Teh stored procedure is getting executed but the mails
    are not coming through.

    Thanks

    CS, Feb 24, 2006

  2. It's difficult to say with knowing the content of the SP.

    I'm not sure this is an appropriate place for the question it's doubtful
    that the problem really lies in the realm of ASP.

    Why doesn't the SP CURSOR through the set records for emailing rather than
    have a VBScript do it?

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, Feb 24, 2006