not recognizing a new module

Bharat Sinha

Hi,
When compiling, I got the following error:
Can't locate loadable object for module Term::ReadKey in @INC (@INC
contains: C:program Files/Perl/lib /C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib...)

I found that the 'C:program Files/Perl/lib/term' folder was missing the
readkey module, so I got it from cpan and out it in the 'term' folder. But I
still get the same error.

Do I need to somehow update something in perl to make it consider any new
additions.
Thanks

Paul Lalli

Hi,
When compiling, I got the following error:
Can't locate loadable object for module Term::ReadKey in @INC (@INC
contains: C:program Files/Perl/lib /C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib...)

I found that the 'C:program Files/Perl/lib/term' folder was missing the
readkey module, so I got it from cpan and out it in the 'term' folder. But I
still get the same error.

Do I need to somehow update something in perl to make it consider any new
additions.
Thanks

When you say you "got it from cpan", do you mean you just copied the .pm
file and put it in that directory? You can't do that. Term::Readkey is
not a pure perl module. It has an executable portion. You need to follow
the standard installation instructions: Grab the entire distribution from
CPAN, unzip and untar it, run perl Makefile.pl, run make, run make test,
run make install.

Now, if you use the CPAN module, this is a lot easier:

perl -MCPAN -e'install Term::Readkey'

Paul Lalli