    Do I need to somehow update something in perl to make it consider any new
    additions.
    Thanks
    Bharat Sinha, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Bharat Sinha

    Paul Lalli Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Bharat Sinha wrote:

    > Hi,
    > When compiling, I got the following error:
    > Can't locate loadable object for module Term::ReadKey in @INC (@INC
    > contains: C:program Files/Perl/lib /C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib...)
    >
    > I found that the 'C:program Files/Perl/lib/term' folder was missing the
    > readkey module, so I got it from cpan and out it in the 'term' folder. But I
    > still get the same error.
    >
    > Do I need to somehow update something in perl to make it consider any new
    > additions.
    > Thanks

    When you say you "got it from cpan", do you mean you just copied the .pm
    file and put it in that directory? You can't do that. Term::Readkey is
    not a pure perl module. It has an executable portion. You need to follow
    the standard installation instructions: Grab the entire distribution from
    CPAN, unzip and untar it, run perl Makefile.pl, run make, run make test,
    run make install.

    Now, if you use the CPAN module, this is a lot easier:

    perl -MCPAN -e'install Term::Readkey'

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Jul 29, 2004