Not sure GNU GMP is working properly...any ideas

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Jasper, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. Jasper

    Jasper Guest

    Hello Perlers, I followed the directions on how to install GNU GMP for
    windows (below and on the URL) http://www.cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp/
    and I don't notice any performance gain..in Perl one is supposed to
    place this in the code and then apply variables to BigFloat syntax :
    use Math::BigFloat lib => 'GMP';

    But I notice zero difference in calculation speed..I realize this is a
    python board, but I am wondering if there is anyone who knows how to
    verify installation, or any tricks to ensure the library is actually
    being used, like executing the program in the GMP directory or
    something.. any tips would be appreciated..
    Thank you,
    Jasper Marzin
    ******************
    Installing GMP on Windows:
    Install latest Cygwin. Make sure that you choose to install "gcc",
    "m4" and "make" since the default installation doesn't include them.
    Download latest GMP from GNU MP to ${gmp_download}.
    Run "Cygwin Bash", unzip and untar GMP into ${gmp_build} using
    following command:
    cd ${gmp_build}
    tar xzvf ${gmp_download}/gmp-x.x.x.tar.gz
    Configure GMP for compilation:
    cd gmp-x.x.x
    ./configure --prefix=${gmp_install}
    Build GMP: