Not working from cgi-bin directory

balu422

Hi,

We are in the process of changing servers and the existing code is
working fine in the production. When we moved the code to the dev
server everything is working fine except when I ahd the

use CGI;

in the code the program is giving a

for host nic trying to GET /cgi-bin/asn, cgi_scan_headers reports:
HTTP4044: the CGI program /cgi-bin/asn did not produce a valid header
(name without value: got line "begin failed--compilation aborted at
/cgi-bin/asn line 1460.")

The program is working from the command prompt. I created another
directory called CGI-BIN and moved the files over and I was okay but
was getting the perl code in the web browser instead of the content
expected.

Is there an alternative command for use? I know there is a permission
problem somewhere but the files are all executable and same as web
user. Is there any other place I should see? Please advice.
Thanks,

Balu

James Edward Gray II

use CGI;
and

was getting the perl code in the web browser instead of the content

You might want to consider asking your question to a Perl group,
instead of a Ruby group. :)

James Edward Gray II