Notifying client before session timeout

Steve Caliendo

Hi,

How can I notify the client that their session is about to timeout?

I've placed a timer into global.asax, but this, for example, doesn't work
because it's not a page.

Page.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("<script>alert('You are about to
timeout.')</script>"))

Thanks,

Steve

William F. Robertson, Jr.

You can look at using the client side javascript "setTimeout" passing a
function name.

Here is a simple thread that shows the syntax for this method.

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=30759

You will still have to cause a postback of some sort to refresh the session
on the server, but that exercise is left for the reader. "Unless you need
help with it."

bill