    all thumbnails have been loaded.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Oct 22, 2004

  2. (Pete Cresswell)

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html (Pete Cresswell) said:

    > When a user clicks a "show pictures" option on the CD I'm distributing, about
    > 200 thumbnails have to load before the user can click on one to see the
    > full-sized image.

    reduce the quantity of thumbs per page to a more manageable level for
    the user to deal with.

    as its local perhaps 50 per page but thats still a lot of thumbs for the
    user to go through and perhaps miss the image they're looking for.

    > Only takes about 30-45 seconds

    thats a hell of a long time even for 200 images. you're not resizing the
    images to thumbs with html are you? the thumbs are optimized?

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 22, 2004

  3. (Pete Cresswell)

    Toby Inkster Guest

    (Pete Cresswell) wrote:

    > True? If not, is there a way to give some notification (like "Loading
    > thumbnails, please wait...") to the user while the thumbs are loading?

    font-size: 1.5em;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: red;
    background: yellow;
    border: thick solid red;
    }
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write("<p id='loading'>Loading thumbnails, please wait...<\/p>");
    function hideloading () {
    var loading = document.getElementById('loading');
    window.onload = hideloading;
    </script>
    <!-- stuff goes here -->

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./counting_crows/hanginaround_04/01_hanginaround_04_rock_mix.ogg

    Toby Inkster, Oct 23, 2004
  4. RE/
    ><script type="text/javascript">

    This may sound like a dumb question... but, worst-case scenario the user has
    disabled Jave, all that would happen would be that the message would not show,
    right? i.e. no un-graceful things like error messages or breaks to code...
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Oct 23, 2004
  5. (Pete Cresswell)

    Toby Inkster Guest

    (Pete Cresswell) wrote:

    > This may sound like a dumb question... but, worst-case scenario the user has
    > disabled Jave, all that would happen would be that the message would not show,
    > right? i.e. no un-graceful things like error messages or breaks to code...

    If they've disabled Java, it will still run fine.

    If they've disabled *Javascript*, then the script won't run -- no negitive
    effects.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Oct 23, 2004
  6. RE/
    >If they've disabled Java, it will still run fine.
    >
    >If they've disabled *Javascript*, then the script won't run -- no negitive
    >effects.

    Excellant!....Thanks.
    --
    PeteCresswell