Novice Question: Java applet(?) for a JPEG Image

Discussion in 'Java' started by Paul Drake, Jun 13, 2005.

  1. Paul Drake

    Paul Drake Guest

    Hello Everybody

    Please go to
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicolasmalik/18438043/in/pool-guesswhere/ and
    run your mouse over the picture. Did you see how a highlighting box with
    text appears?

    I put JPEGs in my ISP public space for many others to view via a link in
    email, and I think this would a very useful tool for our purposes. Can
    anybody give me a patch of Java code (or any other type of code for that
    matter) that would let me do this? My emails links often link to an "htm"
    patch of code in my ISP public space in order to include clickable audio,
    just so you know that I do know a little what is involved.

    Thanks !

    Paul

    Paul Drake, Jun 13, 2005

  2. On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:10:49 GMT, Paul Drake wrote:

    (pop-up text over image)
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicolasmalik/18438043/in/pool-guesswhere/

    I suspected that page was done in JavaScript (a different language
    to Java) even before I visited it. JS is the most approriate
    language for this use.

    If you wander over to the JS group* and give them that URL,
    they will probably either point you to three better implementations,
    or thoroughly check the code of that page for you.

    * <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#js>

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 14, 2005

  3. In article <tDmre.3446$>, Paul
    Drake () dropped a +5 bundle of words...

    > Hello Everybody
    >
    > Please go to
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicolasmalik/18438043/in/pool-guesswhere/ and
    > run your mouse over the picture. Did you see how a highlighting box with
    > text appears?
    >
    > I put JPEGs in my ISP public space for many others to view via a link in
    > email, and I think this would a very useful tool for our purposes. Can
    > anybody give me a patch of Java code (or any other type of code for that
    > matter) that would let me do this? My emails links often link to an "htm"
    > patch of code in my ISP public space in order to include clickable audio,
    > just so you know that I do know a little what is involved.
    >
    > Thanks !
    >
    > Paul

    Actually, this is a javascript thing, not java. Basically, the first
    picture's replaced by a second picture when you move the mouse over it.

    It's called a rollover effect. Google javascript rollovers to find out
    more.

    --
    Starshine Moonbeam
    mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30