Novice - what's gone wrong?

Terry Pinnell

I've just taken a look at some web pages I created several years ago,
since when I've forgotten most of what little I knew about HTML
coding. Could someone kindly take a look and advise me if there's any
obvious fix I can make to pages like
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/Walks/TP05/walkphotos05.htm please?

The only one of those four pages that still looks the way it was when
I last viewed them months ago is
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/Walks/TP03/Photos03.htm
which is how I want the other three to be.

I'm hoping there's some relatively trivial explanation and fix,
otherwise I have a lot of re-learning to do before I can isolate it
;-)

Chaddy2222

Terry said:
I've just taken a look at some web pages I created several years ago,
since when I've forgotten most of what little I knew about HTML
coding. Could someone kindly take a look and advise me if there's any
obvious fix I can make to pages like
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/Walks/TP05/walkphotos05.htm please?

The only one of those four pages that still looks the way it was when
I last viewed them months ago is
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/Walks/TP03/Photos03.htm
which is how I want the other three to be.

I'm hoping there's some relatively trivial explanation and fix,
otherwise I have a lot of re-learning to do before I can isolate it
You really should get your pages out of quirks mode. Change the
Doctype to HTML 4.01 Strict and get rid of any errors at:
http://validator.w3.org
The W3C validator will check your code for errors.

Peter J Ross

In alt.html on Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:30:20 +0100, Terry Pinnell

<...>

Terry, if you intend to ask a question in two or more newsgroups, please
crosspost between them instead of multiposting. I've just replied to
you in CIWAH, and I'm not going to post the same message a second
time.

Terry Pinnell

Peter J Ross said:
In alt.html on Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:30:20 +0100, Terry Pinnell

<...>

Terry, if you intend to ask a question in two or more newsgroups, please
crosspost between them instead of multiposting. I've just replied to
you in CIWAH, and I'm not going to post the same message a second
time.

OK, sorry about that. In mitigation, I posted to
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html later, after getting a rather
unhelpful reply in alt.html.