    ;-)

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Terry Pinnell, Aug 25, 2008

  2. Terry Pinnell

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Terry Pinnell wrote:

    > I've just taken a look at some web pages I created several years ago,
    > since when I've forgotten most of what little I knew about HTML
    > coding. Could someone kindly take a look and advise me if there's any
    > obvious fix I can make to pages like
    > http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/Walks/TP05/walkphotos05.htm please?
    >
    > The only one of those four pages that still looks the way it was when
    > I last viewed them months ago is
    > http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/Walks/TP03/Photos03.htm
    > which is how I want the other three to be.
    >
    > I'm hoping there's some relatively trivial explanation and fix,
    > otherwise I have a lot of re-learning to do before I can isolate it

    You really should get your pages out of quirks mode. Change the
    Doctype to HTML 4.01 Strict and get rid of any errors at:
    http://validator.w3.org
    The W3C validator will check your code for errors.
    Chaddy2222, Aug 25, 2008

  3. Terry Pinnell

    Peter J Ross Guest

    Peter J Ross, Aug 25, 2008
  4. Peter J Ross <> wrote:

    >In alt.html on Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:30:20 +0100, Terry Pinnell
    ><> wrote:
    >
    ><...>
    >
    >Terry, if you intend to ask a question in two or more newsgroups, please
    >crosspost between them instead of multiposting. I've just replied to
    >you in CIWAH, and I'm not going to post the same message a second
    >time.

    OK, sorry about that. In mitigation, I posted to
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html later, after getting a rather
    unhelpful reply in alt.html.

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK