nowrap not XHTML 1.0 compliant

Kevin Lawrence

Hi

What should be used instead of nowrap in a table cell? VS2005 advises me
to use a newer construct...

Thanks
Kev

Karl Seguin [MVP]

it might just be that you need to do nowrap="nowrap" to be compliant. Not
sure.

I am sure that standalone attributes aren't XML (and thus XHTML) compliant.
All attributes must have a quote-enclosed value, and I do know that for HTML
standalone attributes, the XHTML rule is to assign the attribute as the
value, so I think it'll solve ur problem.

Karl

Rob Roberts

Kevin Lawrence said:
Hi

What should be used instead of nowrap in a table cell? VS2005 advises me
to use a newer construct...

I use this for spans: <span style="white-space: nowrap;">...</span>. It's
XHTML 1.0 compliant. I would imagine it works for table cells, too.

--Rob Roberts