nozama-cloudsearch-service a local Amazon CloudSearch instance.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Oisin Mulvihill, Sep 4, 2013.

  1. Hello,

    Have you ever wanted to test your app against a dev version of your
    production CloudSearch? Is management saying budget constraints won't allow
    this? Then Nozama CloudSearch is for you.

    It is a light weight implementation of Amazon's CloudSearch service you can
    run locally. Its has additional REST API features which allow inspection of
    data in a way not available via Amazon CloudSearch.

    It is BSD licensed and available now from pypi
    https://pypi.python.org/pypi/nozama-cloudsearch-service:

    easy_install nozama-cloudsearch-service

    Or from source code checkout from github here:

    * https://github.com/oisinmulvihill/nozama-cloudsearch

    It also has documentation which it self hosts or can be seen on readthedocs:

    * https://nozama-cloudsearch.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

    I've implemented batch uploading and I'm working on search at present. I
    thought I'd get this out early in case others are hitting against this. I'd
    welcome contributions.

    I don't intend this to be a replacement for Amazon CloudSearch. Its a
    helper service I use it as part of a vagrant+puppet provisioned developer
    environment. This emulates our production environment locally.

    All the best,

    Oisin

    Oisin Mulvihill, Sep 4, 2013