NT4 index server asp error 0177 for ixsso.dll

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by rvj, Sep 7, 2008.

  1. rvj

    rvj Guest

    Im attempting to test an old NT4 server with IIS and IS . All the standard
    IIS services work
    fineand even the IS app seems to be indexing without generating any event
    log errors.

    The real problem seems to be the IE query interface to ASP

    Has any body had a problem running index server query.asp?

    I keep getting asp error 0177 on createobject (ixsso.dll) which I understand
    means that the dll has not been found even though it is in the directory
    c:\winnt\sytem32

    If I then try to register ixsso.dll from that directory then I get
    0x0000001f registration error

    Any clue what the problem actually is and how to resolve it?

    PS Have uninstalled index server and re-installed but produces the same
    problem

    Thanks

    rvj, Sep 7, 2008