NT4 vs W2K

Gary Contois

I noticed something recently. When running an ASP on my NT4 machine (IIS?)
my asps load in a manner which displays the page information as it loads
line by line.
I then moved this page to my new W2K machine and notice that the info on the
asp now only appears after the entire page is done processing.

While in the end they may both be taking the same amount of time to
complete, I think I like the old way better. At least this way you could be
giving a status of it's process.

Any one know of any way to make it work like the old way or is it something
I just have to live with?

Thanks,
Gary
(e-mail address removed)

John Blessing

Gary Contois said:
I noticed something recently. When running an ASP on my NT4 machine (IIS?)
my asps load in a manner which displays the page information as it loads
line by line.
I then moved this page to my new W2K machine and notice that the info on the
asp now only appears after the entire page is done processing.

While in the end they may both be taking the same amount of time to
complete, I think I like the old way better. At least this way you could be
giving a status of it's process.

Any one know of any way to make it work like the old way or is it something
I just have to live with?

Thanks,
Gary
(e-mail address removed)

In IIS manager, select the website, Properties, Home Directory tabpage,
Configuration button, Options tab, uncheck "enable buffering". From the
help:

Enable Buffering

Select this check box to buffer output to the browser.

When this option is selected, all output generated by an ASP page is
collected before it is sent to the browser. When this check box is cleared,
output is returned to the browser as the page is processed. Buffering output
enables you to set HTTP headers from anywhere in an ASP script. You can
override this option in a script by using the Response.Buffer method.

--
John Blessing

businesses
http://www.free-helpdesk.com - Completely free help desk software !