    Parent directories of context
    List Folder/ Read
    Process
    For file change notifications and the C# compiler.

    What does parent directories of context mean?
    Must c:\ and c:\winnt be assigned read/list folder
    permissions for the ASP.NET user? (I'm running framework
    1.0)

    Hope someone can help with this.

    Regards
    /Morten
    Morten V. Pedersen, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Hi Morten,

    As I understand, you are not sure about the exact meaning of the "context"
    in "Parent directories of context".

    Based on my research and experience, the context here means the folder of
    the web application. So the "Parent directories of context" means the
    folder "wwwroot" and all its paret drectories.

    Does it answer your question? If I have misunderstood your concern, please
    feel free to let me know.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Oct 23, 2003

  3. Hi Morten,

    I will also contact the author of this article and get a confirmation as
    soon as possible.

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Oct 23, 2003
  4. Hi Morten,

    I am sorry for the delaying response.

    I have tried to contact the authors but I have not gotten any responses.
    Due to the nature of your issue I need to do additional research to
    determine the best way to provide assistance. I will contact you as soon as

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Oct 28, 2003
  5. Hi Morten,

    Finally, I have gotten the statement of this issue.

    "... It means all the folders up to and including the disk drive.

    For example, if your root directory is c:\inetpub\wwwroot, then parents and
    directories applies to
    c:\
    c:\inetpub

    However deep you place your web site's home directory, you need to grant
    these permissions to all the folders above up to and including the drive's
    root..."

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Oct 29, 2003