NTLM Authentication

David Rowe

Hello all, a while back someone had posted that they had a working
implementation of a NTLM Authentication, but have since left that
e-mail address.

Just seeing if anyone has a working implementation. I've looked at
HttpClient from Apache, but am having a problem with the CipherSpi
class.

Any ideas?

Dave

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Hello all, a while back someone had posted that they had a working
implementation of a NTLM Authentication, but have since left that
e-mail address.

IIRC the JRE supports NTLM authentication in 1.4.2's HttpURLConnection

Eric

Did you find a satisfactory solution for NTLM authentication. Wedgetail just
about to
release NTLM support in its JCSI SSO suite.
http://www.wedgetial.com/jcsi/sso

Regards,

Bren.

I *think* Wedgetail just provides server-side authentication; if he's
looking at HttpClient, that is client-side (it would allow an app to
authenticate to an NTLM-enabled server, whereas the Wedgetail product
would allow your server to become NTLM-enabled).

The jCIFS package at http://jcifs.samba.org provides a servlet filter
and client extension to do both client- and server-side NTLM. It
doesn't yet support SPNEGO for the HTTP "Negotiate" method though (which
the Wedgetail solution provides server-side support for). As a
disclaimer, I'm on the jCIFS team, so my opinion may be a bit biased ;)
For an implementor's guide to the NTLM protocol (for those
interested) see http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html

Eric

Bren Caperon

Thanks Eric,

Your are correct Wedgetail JCSI SSO provides a server side solution for
authenticating windows clients using SPNEGO. I should also have said that I
work for Wedgetail and that 'our' upcomming NTLM support for Win98 clients
is JCIFS from samba.org. It is a fine library indeed.

Also the correct URL for JCSI SSO is http://www.wedgetail.com/jcsi/sso

Cheers,

Bren.