    They spell it "da Vinci" and pronounce it "da Vinchy".
    Foreigners always spell better than they pronounce. -- Mark
    Twain

    James Willmore, Feb 9, 2004

  2. On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 12:44:11 -0500, James Willmore
    <> wrote:

    >I need to monitor a NTP (time) server. I searched CPAN and did not see a
    >NTP module.
    >
    >So, is there one ... and I missed it?
    >
    >Thanks

    A quick Google search and....

    http://www.kloth.net/software/sntp.php

    It's not a module, but it might help you anyway.

    David O in Seattle, Feb 9, 2004

  3. On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:59:17 -0800, David O in Seattle wrote:

    > On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 12:44:11 -0500, James Willmore
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I need to monitor a NTP (time) server. I searched CPAN and did not see
    >>a NTP module.
    >>
    >>So, is there one ... and I missed it?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > A quick Google search and....
    >
    > http://www.kloth.net/software/sntp.php
    >
    > It's not a module, but it might help you anyway.

    I looked it over. You're right, it's not a module. But, it does help in
    decoding the packets from the NTP server - which is something I was
    looking to do.

    I tried various un/pack's, along with using ord, to get a human readable
    output from the packets, but I failed :-( So, if this does what it's
    supposed to do, and the author approves, I'll incorporate it into code I'd
    like to release to CPAN.

    Thanks.

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.

    James Willmore, Feb 10, 2004