NTP module

James Willmore

I need to monitor a NTP (time) server. I searched CPAN and did not see a
NTP module.

So, is there one ... and I missed it?

Thanks

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
They spell it "da Vinci" and pronounce it "da Vinchy".
Foreigners always spell better than they pronounce. -- Mark
Twain

James Willmore

A quick Google search and....

http://www.kloth.net/software/sntp.php

It's not a module, but it might help you anyway.

I looked it over. You're right, it's not a module. But, it does help in
decoding the packets from the NTP server - which is something I was
looking to do.

I tried various un/pack's, along with using ord, to get a human readable
output from the packets, but I failed :-( So, if this does what it's
supposed to do, and the author approves, I'll incorporate it into code I'd
like to release to CPAN.

Thanks.

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.