null object returnd to .net client while calling axis web service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by John Smith, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    John Smith, Apr 14, 2006

  2. John Smith

    Rémy Guest

    "John Smith" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    I8I%f.1755$...

    > I'm expiriencing the same problem as someone posted one year ago:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/micr...webservice null&rnum=9&hl=sl#2480c84619bf4244
    >
    > Unfortunatelly, there wasn't an answer posted, too. I've searched the web,
    > but couldn't find even one similar topic to this one. :(

    I had a similar problem not so long ago.

    The .Net generated code was not able to deserialize the response because the
    namespace was absent or not equal to the namespace declared in the WSDL.

    I sometimes had a null document and sometimes an exception "invalid XML"
    depending how the .Net code was generated from WSDL.

    Hope this help.

    Rémy
    Rémy, Apr 14, 2006

  3. John Smith

    RYoung Guest

    Try to verify the namespace of the payload being returned from the service
    is the same as the namespace in the client proxy. I had similiar issues
    before and it was mismatched namespaces.

    For example, when testing the web service, the response message had a
    namespace http://tempuriA.org but on the client side, the class generated
    for the WSDL was http://tempuriB.org . It was an error on my part and not
    with the toolset.

    Ron