Null Reference Exception on Register Directive

Paul Prewett

Hi there --

ASP.NET 1.1 - Windows 2003 Web - IIS 6

I have an issue where a Null Reference Exception is being thrown on the
Register directive line when I'm adding a UC to a page. So I get the big
yellow error page, but the line that is highlighted is:

Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="ui_Default" Src=" .........

And here's the odd part. This is in a Windows 2003 Load Balancer Cluster,
and this exact same page is working on the other 3 machines in the cluster.
The files are stored on a SAN and each of the machines accesses the SAN to
get the files (i.e. the files are actually physically the exact same files,
so it's not a problem w/ the programming or script).

So this must be a machine configuration problem. I have rebooted. I have
reset IIS. I have cleared out the ASPNETTemporaryFiles folder. I have
sync'd IIS from the master machine. None of these has helped.

The file that it points to in the src attribute is, of course, there (see
the comment about this same exact file working on the other 3 machines).

I'm rather stumped here. Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction?

Thanks,
Paul Prewett

Anthony Jones

Paul Prewett said:
[...]